“Don’t let what you can’t do, interfere with what you can do.”
by – John Wooden
Dear Staff, Parents and Students,
Is everyone going crazy yet? I am sure that many of you are bored out of your minds or frantic with having the kids home 24/7.
Are you working? If you are great and if you’re not, trust me there are many things you can do with that extra time that will have a positive impact for your family when this pandemic is over.
You can take this time and see it as a CRISIS or an OPPORTUNITY. It is totally up to you.
This Pandemic Will Pass. How you react to it will not. You must follow the CDC guidelines, but you don’t need to follow all the hype, hysteria and craziness. Trust me, nothing you do, say or think will change anything. It will not make this pandemic go faster or slower. The only thing that will affect is the relationships you either build strong or make weaker by your actions.
What’s not important is all the negative hype. The unproductive things people are saying, doing and the way they are acting. This is the time where we see the true character of our family and friends. What is important is how you present yourself to your spouse, your family, friends and employers. Are you coping and understanding or are you out of your mind, upset, mad and/or depressed. How you handle the next few weeks will define how you handle pressure and emergencies. It’s not what happens to you that defines you, it’s how you handle it that makes the difference. Remember one thing, Tough times don’t last, tough people do. Be that Leader, Role Model and Parent you can be.
You can choose to be worried, scared, depressed and upset. You can choose to be lazy, unproductive and use this as an excuse for not getting ahead in this world or……..
- Reach out to family, friends and colleagues that you haven’t seen in many years.
- Think of random acts of kindness to help those not as fortunate as yourself.
- Find a project around the office or house, set a goal to have it completed and by the time that date arrives be done. Time-block your morning, day and evening to accomplish the goal.
- Jump on the internet and visit sites that will empower you, challenge you, and educate you. Fill your head with positive thoughts, motivating quotes and things that will inspire you instead of negative, useless or hurtful things. You have the choice to set that goal and achieve it. Will you be the one after this pandemic that is depressed, broke and miserable or the one that has a more successful marriage, closer family, deeper faith and more fit body. “It’s up to you. Here are 2 quotes I will leave you with.
- “There is little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference. The little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it’s positive or negative.”
– W. Clement Stone
- “Adversity is the best university because adversity will teach you lessons if you will only allow your eyes and ears to catch the message.” -James malinchak
I will be putting up the curriculum but I will be doing so much more. I have worked tirelessly for the past 7 days and will be for the next 2 weeks to complete projects that have teens in the works for years: the new website pages that guide students to everything they need; the new Ecma Mobile App that will allow everyone to access anything related to ecma; our new paperwork system so when you return everything is paperless (cross your fingers on that one) and our online training as well as our Online Interactive Coaching.
The curriculum is just 10% of what I envision giving my members. I will not give everything away now, but you can look forward to more Stranger Danger, Bullyproofing, Street Safety, Community Safe and Cyber Safe type material. I am also proud to announce the Life Skills program is in full swing and just needs to be put in a deliverable format so I can impact all the kids inside and outside the studio. Lastly, I want to help families and businesses be more successful.
I will be putting up life changing things you can do to benefit from this time you have to take your life and/or relationships to the next level.
These projects were not created for this emergency, they have just been expedited. Sincerely, Master Tommy Lee
Click here to see the email.